The Tock OS project is seeking highly qualified applicants for an engineer of open-source project reliability position.
This candidate will support the development and success of the open-source TockOS project. This role will focus on developing and supporting a robust test and continuous integration (CI) system for the TockOS project. This will help accelerate development of the operating system project by providing robust developer and infrastructure support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a hardware-based test infrastructure for embedded systems.
- Integrate CI for Rust code with Github.
- Improve CI features with developer and community feedback.
- Organize testing efforts for OS releases.
Important responsibilities include:
- Writing new test cases for TockOS code.
- Leading proactive bug-finding efforts including Miri analyses and fuzzing.
- Propose improvements to TockOS to increase security and reliability.
Occasional responsibilities include:
- Leading weekly team meetings.
- Tracking and organizing Github pull requests and issues.
- Updating TockOS documentation.
The position will work alongside engineers, faculty, and graduate students, collaborating with members of the Tock project.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent disciplines. Three or more years of combined experience in embedded system development or Rust programming. Strong skills in system integration and continuous integration testing. Comfortable working with stakeholders.
Please upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, and contact information for one reference in the form below: