Technical Debt / Documentation Discussion Group
Technical Debt / Issue Management
- 90+ issues in https://github.com/tock/tock/issues
- Which to work on?
- Which are important?
- Which projects are active in Tock?
- What are people working on?
- What is the roadmap?
- Hidden technical debt in the source tree
- Ex: capsules which violate tock design guides
Book diverges from kernel
Discoverability of resources and https://docs.tockos.org
- Comments in source not always valid markdown
- Create a pinned tracking issue with priority queue of issues
- Which issues are important?
- Which are just nice to have?
- Create a
triagetag (or some other name) for quickly+easily marking found problems
- Goal: easy to do. Designed to help us identify and track known issues.
- Only two lines in the issue:
- What code is problematic?
- What is the issue or which guideline is violated?
- Create links in the readme to specific issue groups
- Label all issues
mdbookplugin to include source code in book
X.rs#L28-40$L30-L35$L38-L39would include lines 28-40 but omit the other sections
- Move docs to tock/book
- Create script to copy (sync) tock/docs to book
Update the tockos.org website to explain the ecosystem and point to resources
- Idea: implement that TODOs in code have corresponding tracking issues